Thursday, February 3, 2011

Psalm 56:8

I spent some time this morning with a wonderful woman and she gave me this:
Sharon cross-stitched it herself and then looked up what some of the interpretations of this verse are. Here is one that resonates with me: A metaphor from the keeper of a vineyard who receives into his vessel the drops of the grapes pressed out by the winepress of affliction.

I shared with Sharon some of the wonderful things about Wyatt that she never got to experience. I wrote down this one from January of last year: Wyatt and Cass were playing with Playmobil (soldiers and police officers) and he made a police officer Jesus and another one was Peter [Peter was his favorite because he carried a sword in the Garden of Gethsemane]. All the soldiers were romans and everyone else were disciples. At one point he said, "All the soldiers died, but two got saved. Alleluia!" Then he told Cass to say, "Alleluia to Jesus!"

I rejoice that our sons say "Alleluia" to the King of kings, but I'm ready to stop crying tears of pain.

3 comments:

  1. I still remember that Passover when Wyatt either made the 10 commandments or was pretending something was the Torah and we were all amazed at his understanding and sensitivity to the Lord at such a young age. His love for the and His word inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him! He still makes me love Jesus more.

    ReplyDelete