Saturday, August 14, 2010

Happy Birthday, Zeke

 This time last year we had our third child, Ezekiel John Blake. In typical Tblake fashion he came quickly and "easily" as some might say. He was a large baby, 9 pounds and 2 ounces, but his arrival was a joy to us. He came just in time, with thirty minutes to spare he was born on Aunt Lauren's birthday and during Sabbath. Though his time with us on this side of life was short, we look forward to the years of loving G-d together.
Last night Sam pulled out his guitar and led the nine of us (Little Cass joined us) in a time of worship. He played several of his new songs, songs that reflect the pain and struggle we are going through right now. Songs that echo the voice of David as he ran for his life from King Saul. And as we all sang our lungs out, praising the One who created Zeke, I felt that eternal moment come closer. This has happened before, during worship times at Kingdom Living. My heart shifts to the heavenly and I feel the overwhelming joy that will come when I sing with all of my children before the Holy of Holies.

Here in Colorado the sadness that comes from missing our boys has been compounded by the fact that they aren't here to enjoy it. The reason we are here is because Wyatt is gone, and observing Zeke's birthday is a strange mix of sadness, emptiness and longing, with only a hint of happiness. That week that he was with us was the happiest week of my life. Since he's been gone there's been a deep decline in joy. Without Wyatt this life seems unreal. So last night, singing about our G-d and King, I felt what will one day be real. One day I will not long for anything because the longings in my soul will be met by the One who put them there. I will dance and sing with tears of joy instead of this pain and sorrow. I wait for that day...

10 comments:

  1. One day we will dance and sing and rejoice with you! Until that day, we will wait with hope. Thank you for pointing us to Him. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute. Honestly there are 3 days that I look forward to in the future: meeting 1-my husband, 2-meeting my child, 3-seeing your kids again and sure dancing and singing with them too

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss my birthday buddy... look forward to celebrating with him for many days in heaven but I agree with you right now it is just really painfully hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah, not a day goes by that I don't think about you and pray for you and your beautiful family. Your endurance is inspiring. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Zeke. I look forward to the day I get to worship Him with you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thought of Zeke all day on the 14th. bless you, you WILL see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. incredibly handsome. on saturday i pulled up my memory of our first meeting and held him all over again. i was so taken in by him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful boy...my spirit remembers and misses him. I love you all, and I long for the day when we will all stand in Jerusalem and sing...Our G-d Reigns

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't begin to imagine the "unrealness" of your world right now. But, like you, I have unending hope that there will come a day when every knee will bow, every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord. The Day of Days. Forever joy. Life eternal with your boys. Love you, friends.

    ReplyDelete